Thursday, March 19, 2015

IPC - Inter-Process Communication

TCP/IP - Inter-process Communications

  1. In computer science, inter-process communication (IPC) is the activity of sharing data across multiple and commonly specialized processes using communication protocols. Typically, applications using IPC are categorized as clients and servers, where the client requests data and the server responds to client requests.
This post describes some of my skills involving TCP/IP inter-process communication.

While I was a consultant at the CN, to improve the speed of MPS, the Motive Power System or LMS, the Locomotive Management System, I have implemented Remote Procedure Calls to speed things up.

This is a Word document I wrote describing the API (Application Program Interface) for programmers explaining how to use my modifications:
MPS Performance Improvement Using RPC — Remote Procedure Calls



Note: This document is stored and shared from one of my Google Drives. The formatting is a bit changed when viewed on-line, but you can download it to your computer and read it using Word if you wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment