Sunday, February 1, 2015

Service Call Follow-up Example

Service Call Follow-up Example

An example of the kind of service I deliver to my Customers

On Monday January 26th at 11:00 AM, I received a call from Mr. Denis T., my former French teacher during my third high school grade (in 1981).

He told me his inkjet printer was not working, and also that he changed his computer. Now, he's using an ASUS laptop with Windows 7, instead of his old desktop with Windows XP. He told me he installed the printer's driver and that it was not working. Finally, he also told me that he had more questions for me...

I've told him that I would be there in two hours, at 13:00. So I did...

After investigating the problem, I found out that he had not used his ink printer since several months. His color ink cartridge was half full and his black cartridge empty. Anyway, the ink left in the ink cartridges was dried, so only blank pages of paper would come out of the printer

So we went to a store (Staples) and bought new cartridges. It cost $70. Almost the price of the printer.

After fixing his printer problem and showing him how to scan documents with his printer, I have installed Google Chrome on his computer and made it the default web browser. I have also created him a new GMail account, because the user experience is better if you can sign into Chrome.

But I forgot to put his Chrome in French before leaving him. So I have made and sent him this video to help him configure Chrome in French.

This is a video I sent to my customer after. I don`t know if he even watched it.





No comments:

Post a Comment